This is a simple and delicious 6-ingredient mango coconut energy bites with dates, coconut, pumpkin seeds, and lemon zest!
It's gluten-free, vegan, raw, high-protein, soy-free, peanut-free, and high in fiber.
Here is a quick video on how to do this delish and healthy snack:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and arrange nuts or seeds on a baking sheet. Toast for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
2. In the meantime, add dried diced mango to a mixing bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for 5-7 minutes or until soft and pliable but not too soggy. Then drain, lay on a towel, and pat off excess moisture. Set aside.
3. Add seeds or nuts to food processor and mix into a fine meal. Remove from bowl and set aside.
4. Add pitted dates and soaked, dried diced mango to the food processor and mix until a rough paste/sticky dough forms.
5. Add seed or nut meal back in, along with pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, lemon zest, and sea salt. Mix until it forms a moldable dough. Add more coconut if it feels too sticky or wet. Add more dates if it’s too dry.
6. Scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts and roll into little balls in the palms of your hands. Then roll in more shredded coconut.
7. Enjoy immediately. Store at room temperature up to 3-4 days, in the refrigerator 1 week, or in the freezer up to 1 month.