Poppy Seed Cream with Caramelized Sunflower Seeds & Orange Fillets
- 50 g poppy seed filling ready to bake
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 250 g crème fraîche
- 100 g whipped cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 oranges
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- Baking paper
- Roast sunflower seeds in a pan without oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Put 1 tablespoon of sugar in the pan. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved completely and turns light yellow in color.
- Add the sunflower seeds and let them caramelize for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the pan and transfer onto the baking paper and let cool.
- Peel the oranges and remove the white skin. Remove the fillets with a sharp knife.
- Squeeze juice out of the cuticles. Mix 2 tablespoons of juice, brown sugar and rum. Marinate the fillets in it.
- In a bowl, whisk the creme fraîche, 2 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Add the poppy seed filling and stir in quickly. Whip the whipped cream stiffly and fold into the poppy seed mixture.
- Chill the cream for 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange poppy seed cream and oranges on plates. Sprinkle with caramelized sunflower seeds.