Turmeric as a superfood has been used for centuries for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. This latte is made from coconut milk – you can also use almond milk – something non-dairy is best and the cinnamon and honey add more superfood qualities. You can drink this hot or cold.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tbsp. MCT or coconut oil
- small pinch of black pepper and freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients, except ground cinnamon, in a small saucepan and bring to a light boil.
- Whisk to combine ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 10 minutes.
- Pour into a coffee cup and sprinkle with cinnamon.