Tahini also known as Ardeh is a Mediterranean sesame paste that is usually served as a dip on its own or as a major component of hummus, baba ghanoush, and halva. Tahini is also a perfect alternative for peanut butter as it has a great nutty flavor. This creamy sesame seed paste isn’t just for hummus but can also be used as ingredients for different confections, desserts or snacks.
Tahini in oatmeal bars may be anything but traditional but this quick fix snack is perfect before and after workout. The beauty of this tahini oatmeal bars recipe is you can dress them up anyway you like. Just like a basic bowl of oatmeal, these squares can be changed up on a whim. Craving for peanut butter? This tahini oatmeal bar is great alternative for a tasty, nut-free substitute snack. If you have tried baked oat dishes then you will be familiar with the texture of these. They are chewy rather than firm, with a soft but dense texture that holds together well without being crispy.
Quick and Easy Vegan Tahini Oatmeal Bars
Feel free to use dried seeds and fruits and other mix-ins as you desire. This Tahini Oatmeal Bars recipe is Vegan, High-Protein, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free . A peanut-free energy bar that is sweet, chewy, and filling. They would provide a perfect make ahead breakfast or an easy snack on the go.
- 1 cup hemp seeds granola (GF)
- 1 cup quick oats (GF)
- 1 cup date paste
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Using a food processor or high-powered blender, add the oats and the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Spray the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place parchment or wax paper over it and press it down so it sticks well to the bottom and sides.
- Scrape batter into the square pan lined with baking paper and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- When they’re cool, slice into rectangles and store in an airtight container.