Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of important nutrients.
They’re an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against various diseases.
1/4 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
2 tbsp chia seeds, any color
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup frozen strawberries
Water as needed
Amrita Sunflower Butter and Jelly bar as topping
- Blend dry ingredients with coconut water to get a smooth base.
- Add the rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seeds. Blend until smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If too thick, add more coconut water, 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. Smoothie should be very thick.
- Pour into glasses. Top with remaining chia seeds and blueberries.