A lot of desserts nowadays are full of added sugar, chemicals, fats, and high in calories. When you think about putting all that junk into that way it doesn’t sound too appealing anymore. But who wants to forego the yummy sweetness of a brownie or other desserts for that matter? Not eating sweet, heavily processed foods does not mean you need to give up on desserts as a whole. This black bean brownies recipe has real ingredients, tastes like a real brownie, and will leave your sweet tooth feeling satisfied.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes, then let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- If they still look a bit undercooked, place them in the fridge overnight, and they will solidify.
- Makes 9-12 bean brownies. Enjoy!