Cook / prep time: 40 minutes
150 g quinoa, red or black
700 g mashed tomatoes
250 g cherry tomatoes
150 g whipped cream
40 g Parmesan, block
100 ml of orange juice
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olives
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 bunch of basil
Salt & pepper
For the Parmesan chips:
- Preheat oven 180 C / 356 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash basil and pluck the leaves.
- Grate Parmesan cheese finely. Mix with a little pepper. Spread the cheese in tablespoon-sized portions on the tray.
- Spread the basil on the tray as well. Brush with a little oil.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Take out and let cool on the baking tray.
For the soup:
- Boil quinoa in 300 ml of salted water. Remove from the stove and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. Wash and halve cherry tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pot. Sauté onion, garlic, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp chili powder.
- Add cherry tomatoes and continue to cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with strained tomatoes, 200 ml water and orange juice.
- Bring everything to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Arrange soup in bowls. Spread the parmesan chips and crispy basil leaves on top.
- Serve warm. Enjoy with your favorite gluten-free bread!