Cook / Prep time: 30 minutes
250 g colorful quinoa
400 g cherry tomatoes
265 g chickpeas
190 g Kalamata olives
2 yellow peppers
3 stalks of parsley
1 clove of garlic
3 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp sesame
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp clear instant vegetable broth
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
- Wash quinoa according to package instructions.
- Wash chickpeas using a mesh strainer.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic.
- Take 1 lemon and squeeze the juice. Cut other lemon into wedges and set aside.
- Dissolve the vegetable broth in 3 tablespoons of warm water.
- Puree half of the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, oil, vegetable stock, tahini and cumin with a hand blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut peppers into fine strips.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Drain the olives.
- Roast sesame seeds in a non-stick pan for 3 minutes.
- Wash parsley and pluck leaves from the stems.
- Place the bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives and half of the chickpeas in bowls.
- Garnish with a dollop of hummus, roasted sesame seeds, lemon wedges and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!