Cook / prep time: approx. 20 mins.
250 g frozen vegan puff pastry
150 g cashew nuts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp yeast flakes
1 tsp lemon juice
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic
Salt & pepper
- Soak the cashew nuts for four hours beforehand.
- Thaw the puff pastry slices according to package instructions.
- In a pan, braise the onion cubes with olive oil and let cool.
- Puree the soaked cashew nuts together with garlic, lemon juice, yeast flakes and, if necessary, add some water in a blender. Season the “cheese” dip mixture with salt and pepper.
- Slice the puff pastries into long strips about three centimeters wide.
- Brush each strip with half a teaspoon of onion cubes and half a teaspoon of “cheese” dip and twist together at the ends.
- Grease your baking sheet and bake the twisted puff pastry strips at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool.