Snacking healthfully is easy and guilt-free with this Quinoa & Almond Vegan Protein Bars! A single batch yields 20 bars of pure goodness, definitely worth the prep.
Cook / prep time: 2 hours
Serving/s: 20 bars
100 g uncooked quinoa
60 g whole almonds
5 large Medjool dates
5 tbsp vegan protein powder
2-3 tablespoons of almond butter or another nut sauce
1 handful of cranberries
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa in a sieve with hot water. Cook according to package instructions. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Roughly grind the almonds with a hand mixer or alternatively use ground almonds.
- Process all ingredients in a powerful mixer to a homogeneous mass.
- Line a small baking dish (approx. 20 x 30 cm diameter) with baking paper. Add the bar mixture.
- Smooth the bar mixture smoothly with your hands, No dough should stick to your hands.
- Place the bar mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Slice into your desired bar shape with a knife. Wrap in sandwich paper or store in reusable containers.
TIP: The protein bars can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days--if they’re not gone before that! They can also be frozen for a few months and thawed again if necessary.
Got no time to prepare or want more variety? You can check our shop for more protein bars!