When it comes to curry, the combinations are endless!
This particular combination of red lentils and spicy red curry is delicious and simple to prepare.
Though small in size, lentils are a nutritional all-star. They’re rich in fiber and protein, making them a healthy meat substitute for vegans.
Lentils are also packed with folate, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and share it with others. It’s an awesome comfort food especially on a cold day.
Cook / prep time: 40 mins.
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
1 10 oz can coconut milk
1 cup dried red lentils
2 cups water
1 zucchini, cut into half moons
1 10 oz can baby corn
1 4 oz can water chestnuts
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger for 4 to 5 minutes or onions become transparent.
- Add curry paste and saute for a minute more.
- Add coconut milk, lentils and 1 cup of water. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini, baby corn, and water chestnuts.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, add water as necessary.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.