Vegan Sunflower Seed & Tomato Spread
This is a quick and easy healthful spread - with tomatoes and sunflower seeds and other optional ingredients to make it even more nutritious!
100-125 g dried tomatoes
100 g sunflower seeds
1 tsp vegetable broth powder, optional
Oregano fresh or dried, optional
Rosemary fresh or dried, optional
Fresh or granulated garlic , optional
Chili flakes optional
- The night before. Soak the sunflower seeds and half of the dried tomatoes in water overnight.
- Drain the dried tomatoes and soak again in hot water approx. 30 minutes before preparation. Drain the tomatoes well in oil.
- Drain the water from the sunflower seeds. Rinse with clear water.
- Drain the tomatoes soaked in hot water. Set the water aside.
- Put sunflower seeds and tomatoes in a blender and add spices as desired. Mix briefly.
- Gradually add some of the tomato water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass and store in the fridge. Lasts about 1 week without any problems.