Cook / prep time: 25 mins
500 g carrots
400 g whole grain spaghetti
75 g Parmesan cheese
50 g sunflower seeds
2 bunches of parsley
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
6-7 tbsp of olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Peel and wash carrots and cucumber. Slice vegetables lengthways.
- Cook spaghetti according to packaging instructions.
- Add the vegetable sticks approx. 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time and let cook with spaghetti.
- Finely grate 50 g Parmesan cheese. Combine the garlic, parsley and 2/3 of the sunflower seeds in a mortar or finely grind them or use a universal shredder.
- Gradually stir in the grated cheese and oil. Season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- Drain the vegetables and spaghetti well and arrange on plates with a little pesto.
- Slice the remaining cheese and sprinkle on the plates with the remaining sunflower seeds.
- Garnish with the parsley leaves and serve immediately.